On October 12 (Tuesday) 2021 at 11:00 a round table «State policy of excise taxation of tobacco products in Ukraine: how to combat illegal production and circulation» will be held at the Gorshenin Institute.
Organizer – the Growford Institute and the Gorshenin Institute supported by the Internet portal LB.ua.
Experts from the Growford Institute will present a study «Policy improvement in the field of excise taxation of tobacco products and combating their illegal production and circulation in Ukraine».
Questions for discussion:
– International experience in the field of excise taxation of tobacco products and practices in our reality
– How to excise without losing the industry?
– Problems with new industries – how not “to throw the baby out with the bathwater”
Round table participants:
Tetiana Prokopchuk, Vice President of the American Chamber of Commerce in Ukraine
Authors of the study:
- Tetiana Bogdan, Doctor of Economics, Scientific Director at the Growford Institute
- Kostiantyn Shvabii, Doctor of Economics, Professor, Expert at the Growford Institute
- Nadiia Novytska, Doctor of Economics
- Nina Yuzhanina, People’s Deputy of Ukraine, Member of the Verkhovna Rada Committee on Financing, Tax and Customs Policy
- Representative of the Ministry of Finance of Ukraine
Moderator: Nataliia Klauning, Director of Communications at the Gorshenin Institute.
Any mentions in the news shall refer to the Gorshenin Institute and the Growford Institute as the organizers of the discussion.
Contacts for media accreditation: firstname.lastname@example.org (limited number of places).